Saturday, May 23, 2009

Work Out in the Woods


This time of the year, if the weather is good, it's nearly impossible to stay inside. Does it look "partly sunny"? Let's GO! Now that the girls' legs are just a bit longer, we'll hopefully see lots of this type of scenery this summer.

Ready...


Set... Go!
Kerry rode for a bit... but then decided she too could handle some walking.


With a little help from big sister.


This was no trail for sissies. I wish we had brought hiking poles.


Toward the end, Jenica started to complain of being "just too tired" and we decided it would be best to turn around. We were probably about 15 minutes from the top. No, wait. That's "ordinary folk" hiking time. With J and K, it would have been another 45 minutes. We were satisfied with what we had accomplished -- more than I imagined possible. I think all told, Jenica walked about two miles. Certainly can't complain about that. She was up for a little bit of riding, as long as Daddy's back could take it.


We made it!

Here's to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment